Sunday, December 02, 2007
Monday, November 05, 2007
- All athletes went thru Performance testing to determine their unique heart rate and power training zones. We do real lactate testing to help determine these numbers. Most books you read and camps you attend use formulas to estimate these important numbers. Not at AthletiCamps - we put each athlete thru physiological testing at EVERY camp.
- We were honored to have Dr. Franco Navazio come on Saturday morning. Franco is a valuable resource and helped the athletes understand many medical components that are applied to sport. Thanks again Franco, we look forward to seeing you at the next camp.
- Marlia Braun, our Sports Nutritionist gave 1.5 hour presentation on nutrition and sport. The relaxed, open discussion opened alot of athlete's eyes to the importance of nutrition on the bike.
- Detailed review of testing results, overview of performance testing benefits, and training. Serves as an introduction to the training rides over the next couple days.
- Great training ride on Saturday afternoon, that focused on recovery from hard efforts!
- Sunday saw us do a 3 hour ride in the beautiful foothills. Temps were in the high 70's without a drop of wind. We reviewed specific workouts that all athletes could then go home and apply to their training programs.
- The final event was an incredible presentation by Dr. Rob Schott, a local cycling/cardiologist. Rob focused on the benefits of a solid exercise program from a doctor's point of view. Needless to say, everyone was fascinated on how that they were learning at camp not only helps their performance, but also helps them live a long, healthy life.
What an incredible weekend of testing, riding, information and great food!
Hope to see you soon!
Thursday, October 18, 2007
- Day 1 - Meet and greet in the comfortable Rocklin Park Hotel (http://www.rocklinpark.com/), which is our host hotel for all camps.
- Day 2 - Performance testing, bike fitting, pedal analysis, and health check at UC Davis Sports Performance. What a great experience for the athletes! A day filled with an incredible amount of information.
- Day 3 - 3.5 hour ride in the lower foothills north of Lincoln. Traffic = zero!
- Day 4 - 4 hour ride in the foothills towards Auburn and Meadow Vista
- Day 5 - 5 hour ride thru the Tahoe National Forest and some of the most incredible scenery in this part of California (see picture below)
- Day 6 - Short 2 hour ride with an emphasis on workouts and recovery tips.
Dinners every night at local restuarants that are known bythe locals, as they are hidden away in small foothill towns....Great technical support....Nutrition...Training program development....and a great persentation given by Dr. Rob Schott, a local cardiologist/bike racer, who gave us a presentation on the health benefits of an good cycling training program.
Wow! What a week!
We hope to see you soon!
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Space is limited - Contact AthletiCamps today to sign up!
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
Group rides are plentiful, and can easily be found in most locations across the country. In some places during the summer months, you can not only attend rides on a daily basis, but, you’ll have the choice of different “levels” of rides. We at AthletiCamps are frequently asked whether our athletes should join a specific group ride or not.....
Read the rest of the article as well as many more on the AthletiCamps website.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Read the complete article here....
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
For more information about our Performance Tours visit:
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Monday, July 23, 2007
Monday, July 16, 2007
Read the rest of this article:
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Monday, June 25, 2007
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Monday, June 11, 2007
Clark Foy (San Jose Bike Club) - 1st, Pescadaro RR (Cat 4). Congrats to Clark, as this completes his needed upgrade points to become a Cat 3.
Sarah Bamberger (Cheerwine) - 1st, Pescadaro RR (Women's Pro 1,2)
Dan Martin (Safeway) - 1st, Mt Hamilton (Masters 35+); 1st, Mt Hood Stage Race (Master's 35+)
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Hope to see you there!
Monday, May 07, 2007
Alot of people would have called Dan's victory at the historic Cat's Hill criterium (Pro,1,2) this past weekend an upset. It was no upset. Dan works hard, plans his season with great detail and tracks his progress with regular performance testing. That is why to those who know and work with him, it was no upset. Congrats Dan on a victory that makes it all worthwhile. You deserve it!
Friday, May 04, 2007
Only a couple spots remain to be able to climb in the foothills for next week's 4 day camp starting Thursday May 10th. We begin the camp with performance testing, bike fitting and medical assessment at UC Davis Sports Performance. If you wish to sign up, email or call AthletiCamps:
Hope to climb with you next week!
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Assessments are an integral component of a well-designed training program. They can also be used to systematically track physiological changes over a period of time and make comparisons relative to the cyclist’s competitive group. Perhaps the most important purpose of assessments are to prevent overtraining and provide direction for a future training program.
Read the rest of the article here....
Monday, April 30, 2007
Dan Martin convincingly won the La Vuelta de Bisbee this past weekend by a 1'+ margin over his nearest competition. After winning the first stage, Dan and his teammates controlled the race and took home the overall on Sunday afternoon. Congratulations to Dan and it's on to the Tour of the Gila in New Mexico!
Monday, April 23, 2007
Want to work with AthletiCamps to improve your ability to win races? Contact us at www.athleticamps.com
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Clark Foy added yet another win for AthletiCamps athletes, winning the 2007 edition of the Wente RR (Masters 35+ Cat 4,5) this past Saturday. Congrats to Clark and his San Jose Bike Club teammates.
Contact AthletiCamps if you are interested in improving your race results or any aspect of your cycling.
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Monday, April 02, 2007
We've posted a new article on recovering from races and hard training efforts. Written for AthletiCamps and PezCycling News, you can view the article here:
Friday, March 30, 2007
Four day camps are a great way to take part in performance testing, learn to utilize those results on the road, and enjoy some GREAT riding in the foothills of NorCal.
URL - AthletiCamps Four Day Camps
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Friday, March 02, 2007
Last year, AthletiCamps athletes logged over 45 wins and many podium finishes in bike races around the country. In this young season, we already have put up 6 victories. Congrats to all of our athletes for their hard work, dedication, and believing in this unique and successful program. AthletiCamps not only teaches you how to train and physically takes you to the next level, but also teaches you what it takes and how to win!
We've posted a new article on the website written for AthletiCamps and Pezcycling news. Making the winning break in bike racing can be a very difficult chore. I took a subject with infinite possiblities and condensed it into some major points. Special thanks to my old friend Kevin Metcalfe (picture) and Dan Martin (coached) for helping me out with some good info. Here is the link:
Making the Winning Break
AthletiCamps was involved in this year's Tour of California in a big way. About 2 weeks before the event was to come into Sacramento, I was just planning on going and watching the race. Then, about a week before the race, the Sacramento Bee called to interview me for an article. That started a chain reaction which led me to working for the local KCRA - Channel 3 station by doing live interviews about the race and a 2 hour live webcast with one of their anchors. It was a blast...being right there...interviews great names in cycling. Next year will be even better and we are planning on doing a camp that corresponds with the race.
On another side note, AthletiCamps (Dr. Testa - Director of Coaching) coaches both Levi and Ivan Dominguez...Levi of course, won the overall and Ivan won the last stage.